In Others’ Words: Plans — a Fun Announcement & a Giveaway
Have you ever made plans … only to watch them unravel?
I’m not talking what-are-we-having-for-dinner kinds of plans. I’m talking about what-am-I-going-to-do-with-my-life kind of plans.
I’ve had life plans unravel. Evaporate. Combust.
Let’s see . . . there was my original life plan to be a single working gal — a reporter for the Washington Post newspaper, living in Washington, D.C.
That didn’t happen.
Then there was the whole relationship fiasco. (Okay, there was more than one. But I’m thinking of the one that involved an engagement ring.)
My upcoming release, Catch a Falling Star, asks the question: Is life about making plans . . . or wishing upon stars . . . or is it about something more?
Which leads to my fun announcement:
I believe everyone wrestles with the question What do you do when life doesn’t go according to plan?
And eleven of my writing friends are going to guest-post about the topic of life and plans on upcoming Wednesdays starting April 10 through June 19.
Here are the list of guest bloggers:
- April 10 Cynthia Ruchti, whose book When the Morning Glory Blooms released this week
- April 17 Kim Henson, a writer and blogger who has often encouraged me with her posts
- April 24 JoAnn Durgin, an inspirational contemporary romance writer
- May 1 Melissa Tagg, whose novel, Made to Last, debuts this September
- May 8 Deb Raney, whose newest book, The Face the Earth, releases this May
- May 15 Lisa Jordan, a Carol Award winning author for Love Inspired
- May 22 Rachel Hauck, a 2013 RITA Award finalist (and my mentor!)
- May 29 Dave Hamlin, an up-and-coming blogger and artist
- June 5 Carla Laureano, whose novel, Five Days in Skye, debuts this June
- June 12 Pat Trainum, whose novel, Shadows of the Past, debuts February 2014 (part of a 3-book deal with Revell)
- June 19 Susan May Warren, best-selling author and founder of My Book Therapy, a Craft and Coaching Community for writers
And yes, you’ll learn more about them when they post — because I could rave about each one of these talented people!
One more thing: Because I love celebrating, I’ve decided to put together a “When Life Doesn’t Go According to Plan” basket of goodies … a giveaway in honor of this blog series. What’s in the basket? Not sure yet … although I know I’ll toss in a couple of books! Probably a Starbucks card …
In Your Words: Do you have a favorite quote about plans and/or life? I’d love to hear it. And what would you put into a “When Life Doesn’t Go According to Plan” goodie basket? I may use some of your suggestions!0 I like this!