In Others’ Words: Change is … Changes
Every time I read Leo Buscaglia’s quote “Change is the end result of true learning,” my response is always the same. I read it and I think, “He’s right.”
You learn something, you change.
And then I start mulling over the words. And I ask questions like:
- Have I learned a good lesson … or a bad one?
- Have I learned something I wanted to learn … or been forced by circumstances beyond my control to learn a life lesson I’ll never forget?
- Have I changed in unexpected ways so that I no longer recognize myself?
- Have I become a better person because of how I’ve changed?
- Are the changes lasting ones?
- Can I teach someone else what I’ve learned so that they can change too?
And now you know one of the reasons I love quotes: Because sometimes you can take them at surface value and they’re good … but then you read them again, and turn them this way and that, and you discover that a simple quote can really get you thinking.
In Your Words: What’s the last thing that you learned that changed you in some way?
[Tweet “In Others’ Words: Change is … Changes #inotherswords #lifequotes #change”] [Tweet “True Learning Leads to Change #quotes #change #life”]
1 blogger likes this post!