In Others’ Words: Do You Hear What I Hear?
One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is the music. I love all kinds of Christmas songs:
- White Christmas
- Carol of the Bells
- Silent Night
- Frosty the Snowman
- Straight No Chaser’s take on the Twelve Days of Christmas
- Pentatonix’s take on Mary Did You Know?
- Amy Grant’s I Need a Silent Night
I could go on and on with my list of Christmas music.
But this season can be all hustle and bustle and hurry and scurry — it’s why I call it “the holidaze.”
Sometimes I forget the importance of silence. I forget to listen to the quiet — and I don’t hear what’s hidden inside of the hush.
I’m going to make room for quiet this month — even if it’s early in the mornings when no one else is up. And Christmas morning, when I’m surrounded by family and crumpled wrapping paper, I’m going to stop … and listen. And embrace the love that’s in the room with me.
In Your Words: What unexpected things have you heard when you’ve taken time to stop and slow down and listen to much-needed quiet? How has listening to quiet refreshed you?
Congratulations to the winners of my Rafflecopter contest to launch my
A November Bride e-novella!
- Wendy Mastin is the winner of the $100 Williams-Sonoma gift card
- Deanne Patterson is the winner of the $50 Amazon gift card
- Rita Wray is the winner of the Audiobook or Ebook of ANB
Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest!
0 I like this!