In Others’ Words: Seeing the Small Joys
I can spend my days so focused on the one big thing that I hope will ensure me happiness … fame … or accolades … or some sort of self-satisfaction that creates an “I’m enough” feeling — however fleeting …
Or I can gather the small joys that make up the every days of my life.
- Laughter shared with friends
- Hugs given so freely by my still-can’t-get-over-the-miracle-of-her GRANDgirl
- A favorite song that I play over and over again because it draws me closer to God, reminding me who He is … and Whose I am
- A too-brief phone call with a long-distance friend that refreshes my heart, mind, and soul
- A sunrise … or sunset … or clear blue Colorado sky
- The silence of the house in the middle of the night when I’m the only one awake, writing — pursuing my dream — while everyone else is asleep, dreaming
- The noise of family filling my house up to overflowing — making memories
Is it wrong to pursue the one big thing? No, probably not. But how many times have we trampled the small joys — ignoring them in our haste to succeed?
In Your Words: What small joys did you discover in your week?[Tweet “In Others’ Words: Seeing the Small Joys #inotherswords #lifequotes #perspective”] [Tweet “What small joys did you discover this week? #life #perspective “] 1 blogger likes this post!