In Others’ Words: What Christmas is Not
We so often think of what Christmas is … and rarely think of what Christmas is not.
And yet Calvin Coolidge, best known as a a former U.S. president, so succinctly states what Christmas is not: It is not a time or a season … despite Christmas coming ’round the same month each year.
I have to agree with former President Coolidge that Christmas is a state of mind. Not of mankind’s mind toward one another. No. Rather, it is God’s mind toward His creation.
Peace on earth … in the form of a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes.
Goodwill toward men … announced by the angels to the shepherds. Not judgement. Not anger. God’s goodness.
Plenteous mercy … described in the Word as God’s lavish grace.
And if we, who are created in the image of God, choose to reflect peace and goodwill and mercy, during what remains of the month of December … all the better. All the better.
In Your Words: How would you fill in this sentence: Christmas is not ___________________, but _______________________________.
[Tweet “In Others’ Words: What #Christmas is Not #InOthersWords #lifequotes “] [Tweet “”Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind …. ” #Christmas #CalvinCoolidge #faith”]
I’m part of a wonderful group called The Grove, with several author-friends … well, we’re more like sisters, really. We’re having a GROVE GIRL CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY. Go go to this Rafflecopter form to join in the fun for a chance to win these prizes:
- A signed copy of From the Start by Melissa Tagg + a $10 Amazon gift card to find something special just for you.
- Signed copies of The Butterfly and the Violin and A Sparrow in Terezin, both by Kristy Cambron with a beautiful bookmark to hold your place in these great books.
- Signed copy of Where Treetops Glisten by Cara Putman and candy cane ornaments because the heroine makes those in the novel
- Signed copy of Paper Hearts and a hot off the press ARC of Change of Heart, both by Courtney Walsh
- Signed copies of Amish Christmas at North Star and The Art of Losing Yourself, both by Katie Ganshert
- A signed copy of The Bronte Plot, by Katherine Reay
- A signed copy of The Curiosity Keeper, by Sarah Ladd
- A signed copy of Crazy Little Thing Called Love plus an e-novella Can’t Buy Me Love, both by Beth Vogt
[Tweet “Love #Christmas? So do the @theGROVE_story girls. Join their MASSIVE #giveaway. #amreading… http://bit.ly/1OJoqZb”] 0 I like this!