In Others’ Word: More Kindness Than Necessary
Not necessarily the grand gestures — although those are appreciated and valued and yes, even marveled at.
But the little kindnesses can often be just what is needed to get us through those terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad days.
The kindness of:
- a card that shows up in your mailbox at just the right time.
- an unexpected phone call on the day when you’re feeling so very alone.
- a stranger who motions for you to go ahead and take that parking space … or to go ahead of them in line at the grocery store.
- a spoken word of affirmation — something as simple as “good job” or “thank you” — that really translates as “I see you and appreciate you.”
- a hug
- a prayer — you know how we like to say, “I’m praying for you?” Yeah — really doing that.
- showing up at a friend’s with their favorite drink or treat “just because.”
And the greatest “little kindness” we can show one another? Just giving someone else the benefit of the doubt … assuming not the worst about them, but the best … being merciful rather than harsh.
In Your Words: When has someone been a little kinder than necessary to you?
1 blogger likes this post!